Saturday, May 8, 2010

From A Mans Point of View

I asked my husband some questions to see if it was a different experience from a mans point of view... Check it out!

1. What was you first reaction when you found out your wife was pregnant the first time?

Excited didnt know what to do but was so happy about it.


2.What is the first thing that came to your mind?

I'm gonna be a father!

3. What was your intial feeling when you found out your baby had passed away?

I felt like my old self cold hearted and a piece of our world was gone.

4. What are some things you did to help you and your wife during this time?

Tried to help cope with what happened with the loss to the best I could.

5. Can you explain what you felt when you found out your wife was pregnant for the second time?

Another chance and its happening this time.

6. How did you take it when you realized the second pregnancy was coming to an end?

A little harder than the first because the pregnancy went a little futher.

7. Do you mind explaining from a mans/fathers point of view what you went through emotionally?

Had to be strong for both my wife and myself and find away to deal with what happened.

8. What advice would you have for men going through the loss of a baby?

Pray, pray, and pray take care of your wife every step of the way.

9. Is there anything you would have done differently?

No I felt I did what I could from my perspective.

10. Do you and your wife plan to try and have more babies in the future? Yes

I want to thank you for answering these question to help other understand what men go through in these times of loss.

1 comment:

Dee Robinson said...

I really like this that your husband shared with you on the loss of your babies, Addiana. He sounds very special. I send my prayers for your strength and joy in our Lord as you live each day with this grief. I lost my son, Isaac, you know, in 1996- many years ago- it still hurts. But I praise the Lord that Isaac is in heaven- Amen!